Opinions on Fanedits

Discussion in 'The Last Jedi' started by zxthehedgehog, Apr 22, 2019.

1. zxthehedgehog

zxthehedgehog Jedi Master

Do you feel that any fanedit is the definitive way to watch a Star Wars film? Specifically with the sequel trilogy, I've heard a lot of people saying that fanedits greatly reduce these films' issues.

Your thoughts?

Collipso likes this.
  2. ChainsawAsh

ChainsawAsh Jedi Master

I'm a big fan of Poppasketti's Rekindled edit of TLJ. If you want a lighter touch, Hal 9000's Legendary.

And I still believe Hal's TFA Restructured is the definitive version of TFA.

Collipso likes this.
  3. Collipso

Collipso Jedi Master

good thread!

the ST can't be fixed through fanediting to me because my problem with the films isn't solely with the execution, but also with the concept and the story, and those can't be fixed through simple fanediting. i find fanedits very effective with the prequels however, since my only gripe with those 3 movies is with their execution.

still, Hal 9000's TFA is indeed much better than the original version, and since i haven't watched anything for TLJ yet, i don't have anything to say on this front. OT.com and FE.org user darthrush is crafting edits for both ST movies that i feel i might dig, but he hasn't completed them yet, so... for now, i'm still staying away from these 2 movies.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  4. theS0UND

theS0UND Jedi Master

Can any of you point me in the direction of Prequel fanedits? I would enjoy checking that out and haven't ever really seen one!

Collipso likes this.
  5. Collipso

Collipso Jedi Master

theS0UND likes this.