Project 4K02

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by DarthPyro52, Sep 3, 2019.

1. DarthPyro52

DarthPyro52 Jedi Knight

Coming soon...

Bewy, smoothkaz, Setzer and 1 other person like this.
  2. DarthPyro52

DarthPyro52 Jedi Knight

3. ChainsawAsh

ChainsawAsh Jedi Master

Are you planning to work from the HDTV broadcast or the Blu-Ray? Some OT users have done a few tests and determined that, even with come compression artifacting, the HDTV broadcast has more detail to work with than the BR, in addition to the color not being fucked up like it is on the BR.

DarthPyro52 likes this.
  4. DarthPyro52

DarthPyro52 Jedi Knight

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that... nor do I have access to an HDTV broadcast. For now I'm just using the Blu-Ray.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  5. ChainsawAsh

ChainsawAsh Jedi Master

Schorman's restoration of the HD broadcast is probably the best way to get your hands on it. Here's his OT thread on it - it's from 2014 but he recently completed an updated version of it, which he discusses much later in the thread:

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/schormans-HDTV-Star-Wars-Saga-Preservation/id/16702

ROTS is still best taken from the Blu-Ray, except the Kashyyyk shots with the added moss on the rooftops.

6. DarthPyro52

DarthPyro52 Jedi Knight

Stupid question, but is there supposed to be a download link or something on that page? I can't seem to find anything.

7. ChainsawAsh

ChainsawAsh Jedi Master

No, download links aren't allowed on OT in the open forum. Send Schorman a private message for one; he's on here too (the audio tracks guy who isn't hairy_hen), if you'd rather message him on this forum instead.

DarthPyro52 likes this.
  8. DarthPyro52

DarthPyro52 Jedi Knight

Ah okay thanks!

9. ChainsawAsh

ChainsawAsh Jedi Master

No problem! Here's a post from a thread detailing another user's upscaling efforts - this post shows the difference between using the BR for upscaling versus using the HDTV source, which, once you get rid of the compression artifacts, still contains more detail than the BR once upscaled:

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/S...ditions-by-Emanswfan/id/15033/page/33#1288489

Blu-Ray & upscale (zoomed considerably, obviously):

[​IMG]

HDTV & upscale (likewise, considerably zoomed):

[​IMG]

Collipso, JasonA and DarthPyro52 like this.
  10. DarthPyro52

DarthPyro52 Jedi Knight

Oh man. Yeah, that looks a lot more detailed!